- 2018. August 15.
- Today's zodiac is Leo.
- Today is the 3. day of the week.
- The 33. week of the year.
- This month has 31 days.
- It is the 15. day of the month.
- This year is not a leap year.
- Daily Planet:
- Daily Mineral:
- Did you know?
- Some astrological signs are more common than others. It is believed that Scorpio is the most common sign of the zodiac whilst Aquarius is the least common of the signs. The signs in order of the most common to least common are Scorpio, Virgo, Gemini, Pisces, Libra, Cancer, Taurus, Capricorn, Aries, Sagittarius, Leo and Aquarius.
Understanding Zodiac Signs
Typically when we speak about zodiac signs, we are, in fact, speaking about our “Sun Sign”, the approximately thirty-day window for each sign.
The western zodiac is divided into 12 signs, which start at the spring equinox, moving through spring, summer, fall and winter. They are split into the four elements of nature: fire, earth, air, and water.
Fire proves to be explosive, charismatic and bigger than life. Earth presents as grounded, centered and stable. Air is intellectual, communicative and witty. Water feels emotional, peace loving and intuitive.
The zodiac signs also contain three qualities: cardinal, fixed and mutable.
- Cardinal signifies action, initiation, and drive.
- Fixed implies endurance, persistence, and staying power.
- Mutable allows change, flow, and open-mindedness.
Each sign is unique in its signature. For example:
- Aries is a cardinal fire sign.
- Taurus is a fixed earth sign.
- Gemini is a mutable air sign.
- Cancer is a cardinal water sign.
- Leo is a fixed fire sign.
- Virgo is a mutable earth sign.
- Libra is a cardinal air sign.
- Scorpio is a fixed water sign.
- Sagittarius is a mutable fire sign.
- Capricorn is a cardinal earth sign.
- Aquarius is a fixed air sign.
- Pisces is a mutable water sign.
In astrology, zodiac signs signify psychological conditions, each with a clear goal in mind.
While planets tell us the what of the matter, such as what energy is present in any given situation, zodiac signs answer questions that start with why or how.
For example, the sign of Gemini would ask:
“How can I stay open-minded in spite of this stress?”
The sign of Leo might ask “Why do I feel frustrated when I’m not allowed to shine?”
Capricorn could ask: “How can I become an expert in my career?”
Zodiac signs can be on their best behavior or they can be working in their shadow.
As an example:
For Aries to be doing its highest self, it requires some form of courage building. It needs to do things that scare it, in order to feel alive and in order to thrive. Going on adventures, pushing the envelope and behaving in ways that sometimes are worrisome for their families, this is the personality type of Aries. If Aries is not allowed these psychological outlets, it will act out its cardinal fire energy and start to do its shadow; namely become belligerent, aggressive or angry. The personality of a zodiac sign is always there, it’s how you are allowed to live it, either positively or negatively, that determines its outcome.
It’s the job of the zodiac sign to express itself.
It’s the job of the person with the zodiac sign to determine how to express it.
Choose to be your best self, through the various zodiac signs in your chart and you will find yourself feeling fulfilled, content and happy. Elect to ignore what your zodiac sign is implying or allow someone else to control your personality, and you will feel frustrated, resentful and may frequently be “acting out.”
Knowing this, you can see how important it is to understand your zodiac sun sign and its various personality traits and to choose to live it with purpose.
"I was skeptical first as real astrology sites are rare. After getting my report and reading through every page several times, I was shocked. The description of my situation is scarily accurate and the advice is just invaluable."Virgo, Grand Rapids, USA
"TheHoroscope.org helped me find my true love and be happy in my relationship after so many years. I wish I knew these things earlier."Aries, London, UK
"I bought the 12 Month Forecaster and it really helps me make the right decisions in my career and set myself up for big success."Leo, Hong Kong